Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Only one ME

Today, we are still feeling the brunt of the snow days we had.  The high was a fabulous delightfully freezing 32 degrees, so the boys and I stayed inside.  To kill the time, I morphed from Mom to Jungle Gym... yes... today I found out I am a new transformer aka MomGym :o)  We watch a movie and classic shows on my laptop.

Those classic shows are what inspired todays item and blog, plus a little bit/ lot of emotion.  The show was Sesame Street.  Nothing special, it was cute, all on youtube... MoNkEy one was clicking away from episode to episode until one in particular caght my attention... 
Here it is:
Sesame Street Episode - ME

Cute right... I thought so too... so cute that, oh yes, I started to tear :o)

As I was sitting there listening to that sweet little song, I was also watching my two little MoNkEyS have the best time doing, really, nothing but play with each other.  They were giggling and being loud, the eldest was running and jumping and making a MeSs and the youngest, trying to crawl, crying and getting frustrated until he found something 'new' that caught his attention - And it dawned on me... WOW!

How much as a Mom we go through to get our precious MoNkEyS here.  We all have our own journeys, some more complicated than others but all a JOURNEY, none EVER to be discredited.  Mine was not easy to say the least.  I am very blessed to be where I am today, sitting here with both of my boys, healthy and happy; yet very sad to know that I had to lose 3 beautiful heartbeats, three angel babies durning my journey as a Mom.  There is no greater hurt than the hurt of not being able to help your child or to fix a boo boo or just to kiss it and make it better ... and the last couple of years have been extremely difficult for me as a Mom to cope with the lose of those babies and the pain that I have endured. I don't think I will ever fully recover, I know I will never forget, they were my babies from the moment of the + sign, and won my heart with first sounds of their hearts beating, but for some reason, unbeknown to me, they were not meant to be here on earth, but will be in my heart forever.

Then the journey became even more interesting, pregnant with my youngest MoNkEy, we had a scare... and with our previous history, nothing was taken lightly... so I was on hospitalized bed rest from 24 1/2 weeks on... oh yes, you heard that right... HOSPITALIZED :o)  It was quite an experience, but a good one... It was actually a BIG blessing, I was reassured daily that my baby was okay!!! And my Hubs did awesome as 'single dad'/ caretaker/ takeover everythinger!

My journey is not over, in fact, it is just begining and I can't wait to see what lies ahead of me for the future.  I am starting to recovery and RECLAIM myself, I have LOST a lot over the course of this journey so far, including some very dear friends, whom I miss tremedously, and I have made some serious mistakes out of hurt and anger, yet I have also gained WONDERFUL friends and some of those mistakes have turned into blessings ...

But for those that have been wondering, through this pain and journey is where this love of designing and crafting and Three Monkey's Unique was born!

FYI- kuddo's to the hubs for the purchase of the embroidery machine... I really think, in the begining he thought it was going to be a dust collector, but at the time all he wanted to do was to make me smile - I <3 him!

And with all that here is the onesie that was inspired by this, it is very dear to my heart.  Hope you love it as much as I do.

Only One Me Onesie













Until Tomorrow, Squeeze your MoNkEyS tight!
Christina

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post!! Your little monkeys are such a blessing to everyone and they are very lucky to have you as their Mama Monkey!! You are a very beautiful person and I'm so glad to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete